Matthew said he found one that didn't have any slime or blood or guts on it and carried it. And then he demonstrated how some of the fish were flopping around because they were still alive. And then he told us he put the non-slimy fish on his head. It's hard to tell where the truth turns to story in his mouth. He did manage to fall in a half-frozen auger hole in the ice and got soaked up past his knee within the first few minutes on the lake. Brian put a handwarmer in his boot and he managed to survive the day in the cold with all his toes intact.
The boys were well conditioned for cold by all the skiing they've been doing this year. Besides a week in McCall, Grandpa Camper took them skiing at Deer Valley as part of a mini family reunion the Saturday before last. And he remembered his camera.
Nathan, then Matthew, snowplow down the mountain.
The boys skiied a black diamond run that was used in the Olympics (second slope from the left). Matthew was really proud that he didn't fall in the "show".
Two happy skiers.
7 comments:
Elly- How great to see you taking advantage of the Utah opportunities. Namely, mountains. I am so jealous. It also sounds like a pretty good weekend to send the two oldest out to the wilderness with dad. You only had half the duty for a day our two. Unless, of course, you were so worried about him brining them home alive you couldn't enjoy it. It's good to hear about you guys. Omaha still remembers you.
Looks like a lot of fun... and those handwarmers are amazing!
They are deffinatly better at skiing than I am! The last time I went a couple years ago and cried the whole way down!
Wow, I was nervous watching those boys go down the hill! They were going so fast, especially Matthew! We haven't even tried skiing with the girls yet. Maybe next year. =) I'm glad Matthew survived with the handwarmer.
A Black Diamond run?!? Going down the bunny hill scared me plenty - and I was 30!!! I'm glad Matthew came back with 10 toes instead of 8!
wow I'm impressed!
i've never even skiied before!
Yeah! That video is awesome.
Post a Comment