Wednesday, April 6, 2011

In which we come to understand why I tend to be somewhat cranky in the mornings...

In the middle of the night last night, a thud startled me awake shortly followed by Becca's earsplitting wail. Since she shares the top bunk with Maggie, I leaped to their room thinking Becca must have fallen out and was sprawled in pain on the floor.

Nope.

I found a panicked, wailing lump on the bed. Somehow, Becca had become trapped under the comforter tucked tightly at the bottom of the bed and hit her head on the metal railing trying to find her way out. Half asleep and confused and screaming, she was scrabbling at her blanket prison.

I promptly rescued her, but she had a hard time settling down after that. In fact, I'm not sure I recall sleeping much from that point on until she started yelling for breakfast this morning. Since she was two feet away on the next pillow, ignoring her didn't work very well.

1 comment:

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

At least you have an excuse!:)