Friday, September 26, 2008

Sleeping Handsome

Nathan has a history of sleeping creatively.

When he was a baby, he would fall asleep on a pile of laundry (clean, I think) on top of the running clothes dryer:


And then when we finally got him to sleep in a bed, he'd bring all sorts of crazy things to snuggle with. Like this light that shone directly in his face as he fell asleep--the batteries didn't even last a week.


He's also been known to fall asleep in random places at random times, usually because he's not getting enough sleep and staying up too late. This time he was eating a ring pop on the back cushion of our living room couch and looking out the window--and he fell sound asleep.


A few nights ago, Brian and I came up from watching a movie in the basement and discovered this in the living room:

Nathan asleep on the coffee table. He's been complaining that his bed is too lumpy and hard and he wants to sleep somewhere else. So I guess he tried out the table. He said he had to move to the couch in the middle of the night because it wasn't very comfortable after all.

7 comments:

Maren said...

That is really funny!

Tori said...

Haha! I didn't know about any of these things. How funny!

katharine said...

wow! you sure have the proof to back up your claims! funny pictures :)

Tiffany said...

I bet he will really enjoy seeing those pictures when he is older. You didn't really leave him on top of the dryer did you? =) Very cute though!

Anonymous said...

Hahaaahaha! Hey, at least he can sleep anywhere (literally). My favorite place to sleep has always been the couch (which is where I am sent regularly!) ;)

Mama Williams said...

O you have got to check out my friends blog, Manwaring Moments. She has a boy that sleeps everywhere too. Hilarious pictures! I hope he doesn't fall asleep playing the piano. Maybe I should teach him so lullaby's soon. :)

Mom n Pop Wilson said...

I'll bet you didn't know that your coffee table was softer than Nathan's bed. Remember how Cami would fall asleep in the craziest places?