Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Siblings

This morning, a very distraught Maggie came upstairs licking a green popsicle. "Maffew say me this orange," she wailed, indicating her popsicle.

First, I quickly set her in the bathroom sink before the popsicle started dripping everywhere. Then I tried to explain that Matthew was just teasing her, and reassured her that her popsicle really was green after all.

I'll tell you, it's tough being a little sister sometimes.

When I asked Matthew later why he had to tease Maggie, he declared he got his colors mixed up and thought her popsicle really was orange. And he was having a hard time hiding that grin. Do you think I believed him? Nope.

2 comments:

Tori said...

Haha! Matthew. What a little stink. :)

katharine said...

boy, brothers sure know how to get a rise out of their sisters!
i remember last year vienna was crying just like that because jacob kept telling her she was a boy! (he was 2 and she was 5!)