Monday, May 16, 2011

10 Things We Learned on Our Trip to Southern Utah



1. We will never go tent camping again. Thank you Cruise America!

2. Minersville Lake Park is not a campground to miss. Let me give you a hint: best. showers. EVER.

3. Next time, I will confiscate all electronics immediately upon arrival and EVERY box of snacks that Costco sells is too much food.

4. If you give your 10-year-old the camera, you will end up with a lot of pictures of squirrels...and squirrel butts.




5. Zion National Park is an amazing, beautiful place.





6. I get dizzy and light-headed on long hikes unless I focus solely on the ground in front of me. Anyone know why??




7. Boys bend the "stay on the trail" rule whenever possible...








8. Brian is a MAN for conquering Angel's Landing (800 foot drop on one side of a narrow ridge, 1,200 feet down the other).

9. Small girls only last two days of hiking. If you try for three you will end up with a lot of complaining and exaggerated foot-dragging and finally...carrying.



10. The best campground east of Zion National Park is at the Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park. Trust me, I did my research. Unless you LIKE bumper to bumper trailer parks...and Ho-made Pies...


And finally...


Grandmas and Grandpas are GREAT to have around on family trips!


2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Thanks for a great trip. We had a blast.

Sarbear said...

KC was glad to hear he wasn't the only one to be a little nervous on that last part of Angel's Landing. It was fun to bump into you guys over and over at Zions. I'm glad you had fun.