Thursday, June 9, 2011

U2

We had 5th row tickets to the Salt Lake U2 concert last week. And then I got strep. Brian took a friend, but I think he was pretty sad I couldn't go. We'd been looking forward to that concert for a very long time.


So, Tuesday night, I flew out to meet him in Oakland, California and we went to another U2 concert. But this time we had tickets in the Red Zone right next to an arm of the stage. It was like being first in line for general admission without the camping out all night and cramming together. And the sub woofers pounded through your lungs. It was amazing.


Brian took this video on his cell phone. No zoom, this was literally how close we were:





Two hours of sleep and a very early flight home (had to take Becca to dance), still a fabulous trip and a wonderful memory.

5 comments:

swilson556 said...

That is so cool Elly, you're SO close!!! I'm so glad that you got to go! :)

Mama Williams said...

So that is where you were flying off too! How wonderful! So excited for you two!

Sarbear said...

awesome that you got to go! Jealous.

Emily said...

When I heard U2 was in Utah I KNEW where Brian was!

Anonymous said...

Can I say, awesome!!! And yes, Brian was very bummed you got sick. SO happy you had so much fun!!