Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tales from the Crib

Matthew: "Mom, Mom, we found a little animal that goes like this [demonstrates a dramatic all over body wiggle] when you hold it in one place. Come see it! Where is that little wiggly worm guy?"

Me: "Matthew, that's a caterpillar."

And Matthew and his friends dragged it off to play. Oh, the poor little wiggly worm guy.

----------------------------------

In the bath this morning, Maggie wanted to know what the little black things coming out of her Spongebob squirt toy were. I told her it was just dirt--mildew--from the inside and it wouldn't hurt her. When I went to take her out of the tub, I said, "Ew, look at all those yucky things in there."

Maggie replied, "Yes, yes, yes. I know. I sit in them. But their not bite me."

4 comments:

Tori said...

Did they name the caterpillar Mickey?

Do you remember when we used to think those black things were "fluff" pieces? You should have told her that. :)

Elly said...

No, Matthew's caterpillar didn't get a name. But after watching him hold and pet and squeeze the poor little critter, I finally told Matthew he was going to kill it. Why? he asked. Because caterpillars weren't meant to be held and petted, they were meant to sit in a bush and eat leaves. And so he took it back outside. Maybe we should get him a hamster.

The Dailey's said...

We loved having the beloved catepillar here at our house for a few hours. Let me tell you it got some serious TLC from all the boys. Joe, another friend insisted its head had to come off so that it could have a cacoon. No, I said we are not taking its head off. Why not? He asked, then we can see if a cacoon will come out. I had a good laugh today. Elly you keep me rolling in laughter with your blog, I should be asleep, but atleast I will go to bed happy. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Did he stretch it too? I love reading the funny things your kids do. I wish I had done a better job of recording the crazy things you kids did.