Hem-hem-hem-ahem-hem. (That was some rather loud throat clearing to get everyone's attention.)
Now, that I have your attention, ladies and gentleman, I'd like to make a formal announcement. My daughter, Magdalene Elisia, finally did her business in the toilet yesterday. And by that I mean, she went "poo toy-et".
HOORAY!!!!
This has been a year and a half in the making, this momentous achievement.
It was a party, let me tell you. She called Dad, she called Grandma Swings and Grandpa Swings (Grandma and Grandpa Camper are in South America this week, or she would've called them, too). Maggie got candy and a Dora umbrella and a Spongebob shirt and more candy. And she ate up all the attention.
Which was a good thing, because this morning she announced she had to go and wanted a diaper, and then we reminded her about all the good stuff that happened yesterday and she said, "I guess I'll try going in the toilet. It doesn't hurt." Here's to positive reinforcement, and also heavy bribery.
Now if we could just get her to stay dry at night, she will finally be fully pottytrained after almost two years of working on it. Miracles do happen.
7 comments:
Congrats!! That is a great day! Amber had potty issues too... she did pretty well for a while, and then all of the sudden started having accidents all of the time... finally she reverted back to the pull-up diapers until about 6 months later when she was ready to give it a try again (just recently too)... it is so nice only have 1 in diapers (Lia, our one-year-old)...
YEAH!!! See? A little (a lot) of bribery does have it's benefits! I'm wondering though, what do you bribe Brian (and the boys) with to keep the seat down?
No bribery. I threaten them with a toilet-water hug from Becca who has a special radar for open toilets. It's actually becoming fairly effective. We're down to only about one toilet-splashing session every other day (considering there are four toilets in my house, that's pretty good.)
Awesome! Congrats! It is so stressful to potty train---I still remember!
Now just feel sorry for Hailey who has to potty train two... Ugh!
Yeah!!! That is awesome! Hopefully it sticks.
Yeah!! Good job Maggie!! Well, I better be better at the bribery. Apparently 2 candies for going poop isn't working in my house!
Hoorayyy!!! One more MAJOR Milestone down.
Post a Comment