As I was hanging curtain panels in the living room, I realized that I had had Brian install the curtain rod supports upside down. They were attached to the wall studs, which is great for strength and sturdiness but not so great for me if I'm trying to unscrew the hardware - I don't have the upper body strength (or body weight, even) to so much as budge those screws. So I had to undo all the work I had already done assembling the curtain rods and rings, take down the curtains I had just hung, and let it all sit until Brian came home from watching football.
While I was waiting, I decided to hang up the pictures that I had given Brian for Christmas. Soon after starting the project, I discovered that IKEA frames are just like everything else from that store - if you want to hang them up, you have to assemble them and it becomes a very complicated process involving power tools and much cursing. And then I realized that the hardware was missing for one of the frames anyway. So, I gave up on that project in frustration, too.
And I went to the opera (which was marvelous, by the way).
When Brian came home, he fixed the curtain rod supports, installed lights over the living room bookcases, and built a window seat from IKEA - all of those projects went off without a hitch (and look fabulous - thank you, honey!) But after installing three bookcase doors (also from IKEA, we keep them in business), come to find out the fourth door had been packaged in the wrong box and didn't match the others. Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! So, he had to put that project on hold, too, until we could get back to IKEA and get the right door.
Eventually, we got the curtains hung up.
And the doors on the bookcases.
But those picture frames may sit around for another month before I feel like dealing with another project again!
3 comments:
Looks great! Projects are interesting, you curse them while doing them but afterwards they don't seem so bad when you enjoy the results and have some time to forget. That's why you're willing to take up another project to curse.
its so worth it, everything looks great!
This is one of the reasons why we just leave our house empty.
Post a Comment