Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Solution to Bedtime

Thanks to Maggie's latest proficiency at opening doors, bedtime has not been going very smoothly. After the about the fifth time out of bed in as many minutes, I finally had had enough tonight. Placing her back in bed, I walked out of her room, closed the door and waited. Sure enough, with a little laugh (Maggie thinks bedtime ping-pong is a great new game) pitter-patter came those little feet toward the door--but this time I was ready for her. I held the doorknob. Oh she was mad. But it only took a couple of tries and about 10 minutes for her to finally figure out there was nothing to do but get back in bed and go to sleep. After a few short complaints, her bedroom was silent.

I have to admit a very self-satisfied me went back downstairs to finish doing dishes. I guess I really am the hatest mom (opposite of nicest, per Matthew). But I don't feel too badly because I get half an hour of peace and quiet tonight! Small victories really are the sweetest.

No comments: