You can see the building we stayed in--a beautifully restored dormitory built in 1901, I think--behind Becca and me.
The kids (Nathan and Matthew and some of my cousins) put on a show of cub scouting skits where Matthew's hidden acting talents came to light. He delivered the punchline to the fly skit ("Hey, look! It's a raisin!") with flawless skill and brought down the house. I'm thinking that boy may have been born for the stage. And, maybe, he comes by it honestly.
Maggie "swimming in the boat" with Grandpa Camper at Lake Cleveland.
Maggie giving two thumbs up while cousin Baby Owen chews on his favorite bottle of sunscreen.

And Becca riding in her sling with that darn hat over her eyes again.

All the gang on the front steps of our dorm.
Nathan and Matthew climbed up and down granite formations at the City of Rocks with my cousins and Uncle Pat. It wasn't as steep as it looks--although some hot shot climbers drove by and after totally confusing the kids by yelling at them to go in three different directions at once, told us they hoped we knew our kids were going to die and drove away. It was a nice experience.
Maggie did a little climbing, too.
Bath rock.
Matthew hamming it up.













7 comments:
Stupid formatting! Grr. Blogger is doing goofy things today.
you look great!
So why Idaho? Is this where you grew up?
Love the pictures. The one with everyone would have been even better if Becca was looking forward. It's not like we can get the babies to cooperate right.
I love the City of Rocks and I remember going to Albion a lot when I was little. Thanks for the pix.
Someday I might get my reunion blog posted. I loved that trip especially because I got to play with my grand kids!
You look so good Elly! Are you back to your little itty bitty waist line?? =) Looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment